Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My Mommy's Birthday!!

Sunday was my mommy's birthday!!! We went to eat at buca di beppo which was such an unique restaurant!!! the food was great and the atmosphere was definitely different than anywhere i'd ever been!!

andrea had fun trying all the different foods lol and we all had a great time celebrating a great day with the woman who has literally changed and shaped my life in more ways than one. I'm so grateful for my mom because our story is a little different than most mom and daughter stories you'll hear.. there's no tale of how she found out she was pregnant whether i was planned or not... whether i was made out of love or if i was an oopsie... there was no tale of 9 long months that she carried me and then the trip to the hospital or labor or delivery for that matter... none of that but there is a story of of a woman who god created just for me... to be my mother, to love me, to guide me, to teach me, to inturn raise me to be the kind of mother that i've always dreamed of being. the story begins when i was 7 years old she was very young and fell in love with a man who basically had a ready made family waiting for her. She was the missing link to our family she made my dad and i complete and for that i will be forever grateful. I dont have any memories from before the age of 7. i have one baby picture which now belongs to her. it was one that my grandmother saved for me. other than that as far as i know my life started at 7. i may not have stories about when i was a baby or the first word i said or the first steps i took but i do have a life filled with love and happiness filled with memories of parents who fell madly in love with each other and loved me with all that they had every second of every day. they made me the center of their universe and for that i will always be grateful. my mother sacrificed the best years of her life to put me first to give me what she never had to teach me lovingly and love me unconditionally.. you could never tell that she wasn't my biological mother if not for the physical attributes that show her age clearly. She is amazing in more ways than one. i may not have a hospital story of my mother the way most people do but the day i got pregnant the first place we went was to tell my parents, she was there for me 9 long months of my pregnancy, as well as every second of my labor and delivery. she was there when my daughter first opened her eyes, she changed her first diaper. SHE, MY MOTHER was there!! so in a way we did have that pregnancy experience, we had the hospital and we the birth....

i'd just like to say this.. God works in very mysterious ways... just because you dont get the answer to your prayers that YOU are expecting doesn't mean he hasn't ANSWERED. i think that's the moral of this story. She's my mother and i'm her daughter. a mother isn't just the person who brings you into this world no she's the one who quietly guides you through this world, who raises you with love and affection, who sheds tears and spends sleepless nights worrying about you no matter your age no matter where you are married or not adult or child. a mother can never be replaced.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY I LOVE YOU MORE THAN WORDS
THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY LIFE COMPLETE


And then all of a sudden
Oh, it seemed so strange to me
How we went from something's missing
To a family
Lookin' back all I can say
About all the things She did for me
Is I hope I'm at least half the MOM
That She didn't have to be


No comments:

Post a Comment