Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas

ristmas Eve:
Christmas eve is my favorite memory... every year on christmas my family (which has now been taken over by my parents) roasts a pig and we have a party for everyone to get together and enjoy themselves. As a little girl i used to get up at 5am to go down to the slaughter house with my parents and grandparents to choose the pig.... i know it sounds pretty gruesome but its just part of the tradition!!! after the slaughter house we would bring the pig back to my grandparents house where it would be cleaned and cooked!! it was an all day affair that ended with a party...i remember the music and food and especially the family... those christmas eves each and every one of them was special to me and is my favorite day of the year!!!!

This year we all got dressed up and went to my parents for the annual pig roast and had a great time!! it was such a blessing to be around so much family!! it was also special obviously bc it was andrea's first christmas eve!! we left my parents house around 9 pm bc gustavo wasn't feeling too well and andrea was absolutely pooped from all the festivities... so we came home finished wrapping presents and waited for santa to come ;)

Christmas Day
Mommy Daddy and Andrea started our first christmas as a family of three around 8am... we fed the baby of course and then started opening all the wonderful presents santa brought us!! it was great andrea actually opened most of them and by the time everything was opened she went down for a nap because she was exhausted!!! we then went to my parents house to open some more presents with them as well as my sister brother in law and their kids.

The house looked like a disaster zone by the time all was said and done... but it was totally worth it and was a great first christmas spent with family that we are so extremely blessed to have!!!

This christmas Gustavo and I were blessed in another extra special way... we were able to celebrate with our little miracle... our sweet baby that God put together piece by piece like a perfect puzzle...Andrea was the most amazing part of christmas for me... looking at her in amazement as she opened her presents and smiled at mommy and daddy shes so beautiful and perfect and the most wonderful obsession i'll ever have.






1 comment:

  1. The pictures are adorable! I'm glad you had a good time!
    Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete