Wednesday, September 23, 2009

sometimes the thoughts just pour out.....

When i got pregnant... i had no idea how our lives were about to change... and here i am almost a year later and i cant even begin to wrap my head around everything that has happened in such a short span of time...God has opened so many doors and provided for us in AMAZING ways .. i feel very blessed as i review the past year in my mind. i look at our beautiful daughter and think of all the obstacles she has over come just since my pregnancy and i'm literally awestricken..from the diagnoses the doctors thought they were giving which ended up being the complete opposite of what "they" thought.. just goes to show science only goes so far THEN COMES GOD!!! During that time Gustavo got promoted twice.. he's doing something that he absolutely loves and excels at which is a blessing in itself because in this day and age plus the stresses of the economy it's not to often that you hear of someone who is actually happy where they work and is doing something they love. I'm so proud of him, he is a wonderful provider for our family and he takes care of andrea and i 100% there is no question when it comes to his unconditional love for us and for that i am so thankful. i can depend on him for every and anything, he's an amazing father and husband. I believe our marriage has been strengthened in this past year we have become closer which i didn't think was possible but every day we get to spend together is truly a blessing... remember life is short tomorrow is not promised and we should feel lucky to spend each and every day with those we love. As for me ... well besides having a beautiful family i've been lucky enough to watch God work in my life... i've seen his faithfulness, i've seen him give and take away... the good think about that is that he knows what he's doing... and sometimes if you look close enough he'll give you what you need before you even realize you need it.. seeing that is amazing...also seeing him piece together each and every cell in my daughters body putting her together like a beautiful puzzle what i like to call his perfect design...and then having a front row seat to her entrance into this wonderful world.. WOW it was truly seeing him work.. seeing his flawless hand every step of the way. He gave me a support system made up of my husband, friends and family to get me through just when i thought i couldn't do it anymore.. and he single handedly brought my daughter into this world in the most breathtaking of ways. I've also been blessed over the past year to be able to work along side of my parents who i love and respect more than words could express... they've taught me so much and i continue to learn from them each and every day.. but it doesnt stop at work.. they've influenced each and every aspect of my life from my marriage, to my work ethic, to the way i treat people and have relationships and now that i've become a parent i see so much of what they did and sacrificed for me and i am nothing short of thankful. i have an immense amount of gratitude toward my parents for teaching me what it truly means to raise a child. I've also been able to get into the wonderful world of photography which i believe will continue to be a part of me it's something i've fallen in love with and truly have a passion for...each day i learn something new and exciting and i can't wait to see where it takes me. Lastly i've been blessed to finally be able to say that i know what i was put on this earth for ... to be a mother to my daughter and a wife to my husband... to love and care for my family with all that i have and all that i am. It literally blindsided me as soon as andrea came into this world... THIS is what it's about...loving your family... its about quality NOT quanitity... time is fleeting and is something you can never get back..love those wonderful people god has placed in your life with all you have because they're there for a reason. enjoy your children with each smile and tear.. love the hard times all the while keeping in mind that there will be good times to follow... cherish your spouse because God chose them to be your counter part to be your team mate and to be your lover...

God is good!!

4 comments:

  1. Aww! Such a beautiful post!.. I am also amazed at God's wonderful works... I am often amazed at the miracle of life..
    It's down to basics...everything is possible with family and love!
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Liz.. I'm glad to be your friend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you !!! im blessed to be your friend xoxo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Elizabeth that was a beautiful post. You are completely right in everything you shared. Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to read more posts from you. Also I'm super excited to be doing photography with you and your mom, you both are amazing women.
    Love you prima! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANKS MAMA!!! LOVE YOU TOO!!! I'M SOOO EXCITED ... WE HAVE A LOT TO BE THANKFUL FOR AND EVEN MORE TO LOOK FORWARD TO !!!! XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete